Before attending your first live session or hearing a recorded lesson, please make sure you've done the following:1. Flash Player version 11 or higher is required.
- Flash plug-in version 11 or higher is required. Verify the version you have installed.
- To install the latest Flash version, click here.
- In Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab
- Pop-up blocker section – Ensure box is checked and add http://lms.qibla.com to the Settings button.
- In Mozilla Firefox (PC): Tools > Options > Content
- Pop-up blocker section – Click on exceptions and add in http://lms.qibla.com.
- In Mozilla Firefox (Mac): Firefox > Preferences > Content
- Pop-up blocker section – Click on exceptions and add http://lms.qibla.com.
- Live session sound quality is greatly improved by not being on a wireless connection. We highly recommend you directly connect to your Internet connection via a wire or cable.
4. Download Adobe Acrobat in order to access printable lesson slides.
5. To participate in office hours with your instructors you will need to do the following:
- Download Skype. Instructor office hours are conducted via the free Internet chat and phone service, Skype.
You will need to install Skype on your computer and create a Skype ID in order to participate in office hours. Please refer the Skype Knowledgebase for info on downloading and installing Skype.
Note: Your teacher will inform you of their Skype ID and office hour times at the beginning of the course.
Depending on your course, you may also need the following:
6. Arabic fonts are needed to view Arabic in some recorded lessons and documents. On Windows XP or 7, you can install Arabic by doing the following:
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings
- In the Languages tab, check the box that says Install files for complex scripts and right-to-left languages. (Windows might ask you to insert your Windows CD and after the install, you will need to restart the computer).
On Mac OS X, Arabic is installed by default. However, Microsoft Office on Mac OSX does not support Arabic.
7. Participating with audio/video in live classes. If you would like to speak during live classes, you will need:
- A headset/microphone.
- A high speed cable/DSL modem is highly recommended
- A microphone is only highly desirable for Arabic courses.
For other courses, you may choose to participate via text chat only.